Heat pumps are a brilliant technology and you can make huge savings with an investment, when you compare it to the price you pay for National Grid power.
In fact, the Energy Saving Trust say that it’s homeowners off of the gas grid that stand to benefit the most, as electricity and oil have become so expensive.
But even if you are on the gas grid, there’s every reason to benefit from an air source heat pump. You can save hundreds of pounds on a yearly basis and earn thousands of pounds with the Government’s Renewable Heat Incentive scheme over seven years.
Take a look at the following tips to ensure you get the right air source heat pump for your home:
- 1. Of course, the first thing you’ll want to think about is the cost. How much can you afford to spend? The larger the system and the more efficient it is, the more you’ll spend, but the returns will be greater too.
- 2. A middle of the row heat pump will use a third of the energy of a boiler, producing the same level of heat. This is great for your home’s eco-friendliness as fewer carbon emissions are produced.
- 3. When you’re looking at heat pump models, a good performing system should produce a system efficiency ratio above 3.0.
- 4. Make sure your home is well-insulated before investing. After all, what’s the point in producing environmentally friendly heat, only for it to be lost due to poor home efficiency?
- 5. Make sure the heat produced will be distributed with large radiators or underfloor heating as this is most efficient.
- 6. Make sure you insist on having understandable and easy-to-use controls for the heat pump.
- 7. Make sure your installer chooses a heat pump suitable for your home, by calculating your energy needs.
- 8. Ensure you receive a thorough explanation of exactly how the heat pump works and know how to use the controls.
- 9. Only use a Microgeneration Certification Scheme registered product and installer, otherwise you won’t be eligible to receive money with the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI). This is worth thousands of pounds over seven years.
Facts & Figures You’ll Love To Share
- With an air source heat pump you can save hundreds of pounds every year on your heating bill.
- Take advantage of the Government’s lucrative Renewable Heat Incentive linked with heat pumps, which pays out for seven years.
- Heat pumps are easy to install and will provide major cash savings for over two decades.
- Energy bills have doubled since 2004, so avoid further increase by installing your own home heat pump.