With the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) scheme now up and running it’s easy to see that heat pumps have a bright future ahead. With this Government initiative you’ll now be able to make significant earnings on top of the money you’ll save by producing your own renewable heat.
There are two types of heat pump on the market; air source heat pumps and ground source heat pumps. Both have their benefits, but air source heat pumps are the more popular of the two simply because they’re easier to install and are cheaper too.
There are plenty of fantastic reasons to invest in a heat pump, so if you’ve decided they’re the right step forward for your home’s energy, you’ll need to source a company to fit the system.
Be wary though because not every company offers the same model and prices and efficiencies can vary from company to company. When a specialist visits your home to talk through the product, you need to ensure you’re proactive and know which questions to ask.
So to help out we’ve compiled the seven questions you need to put forward to every heat pump installer, to ensure you’re getting the best deal for your money’s worth.
- 1. Why has the company chosen this particular heat pump model? Different companies may have struck a deal with a heat pump manufacturer and could well make biased claims because of this. However, also remember they’ll have excellent product knowledge.
- 2. Have they considered any other models and products from various manufacturers?
- 3. How many installations have they completed with this particular model or manufacturer? Have there been any issues?
- 4. Will there be a warranty and what are the requirements for maintenance? How long will the warranty be effective for?
- 6. Is the company a member of a trade association? Trade associations carry out their own independent checks to ensure companies continually comply with all regulations.
- 7. How much will you save with the heat pump and what will the running costs be? The company should be able to accurately predict your savings and earnings with the new system.
li>5. Has the company or installer been on a specific training course with the manufacturer?
Facts & Figures You’ll Love To Share
- With an air source heat pump you can save hundreds of pounds every year on your heating bill.
- Take advantage of the Government’s lucrative Renewable Heat Incentive linked with heat pumps, which pays out for seven years.
- Heat pumps are easy to install and will provide major cash savings for over two decades.
- Energy bills have doubled since 2004, so avoid further increase by installing your own home heat pump.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?